Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Loving This!!

So, after our iPad meeting the other week and hearing about how everyone was using Pic Collage, I decided to give it a try. I didn't do anything glamorous with it and could only figure out how to save their collages to the iPads' camera rolls, but it was successful and the kids loved it! I used it with a Science lessons on mixtures and solutions and the kids did a fabulous job of learning how to use the app and creating the collages. I've discovered that they are much faster learners than I am with the iPads and they are teaching me how to use some of the apps!

One of my favorite apps though has been 30 Hands. This has been a great app to use with decimals in math! I can have the kids write a decimal or a fraction and then have them record how they would say it out loud. This has been a great way for me to assess which students are really getting the concepts and who needs more work!

I haven't been brave enough to try google classroom yet, but I might have to soon... It's gotta be better than trying to lug all of those iPads home to grade the Pic Collages and 30 Hand creations they've been making!

On a more consistent day to day note, I have loved using the iPads in my math stations this year! The students love sitting around the room with them and are so motivated to get right to work when they are at the technology station! Right now I am mainly using them for Think Through Math in my math stations, because even though they would be great for science, there's a glitch with Adobe Flash Player and Stemscopes, but I know people are trying to find a work around for that. Hopefully soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all these ideas. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like you are on a roll! Keep it up Cori!

    ReplyDelete