Wednesday, October 14, 2015


IPADS for the Math Classroom

It has been interesting implementing the IPADS. I was very hesitant initially not knowing how and what exactly it was that I wanted to do.  I had learned about different ideas of apps we could use during the summer. However, I wanted something that could really help me complement/supplement the instruction provided daily.  I was looking for something that would be more specific to use with math.  At the CAMT conference, I learned about some apps that could be easily integrated in my daily teachings.  Some I have already explored and used with the students, and others I still plan to use during this school year.   You can read more about each of them at the Math Learning Center webpage: http://catalog.mathlearningcenter.org/apps. These apps feel a lot like manipulatives, yet they are so much more than that.  In that page you can find a description and an explanation of each app.
 
 

 

Here you can see the students using Number Pieces Basic to learn about decimals:

 



Just today they were using Number Pieces to multiply using the distributive property.  
  

 
The kids have enjoyed using them so far. 

2 comments:

  1. These are great apps that can be used at any level. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great apps that you can use in small groups and can easily differentiate to meet your students' abilities! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete