Tuesday, October 27, 2015

What Can I Add???

I've read the previous blogs.  It seems we are all on the same page at this point.  We're all trying to implement various apps into our classroom, and the kids are loving it.  In my classroom, we use our iPads daily even if it's just to log into Think Through Math or Sumdog or XtraMath.  It's been great to have more access for students than when we had just two desktops sitting in our classrooms. 

We've also experimented with apps like PicCollage and ShowMe, and the kids have had fun "explaining what they know."   My new teacher favorite is Nearpod.  I can use this during small group time at my table, and I love the report I can send myself at the end of each group's session that gives me feedback on how each child did.  I don't have to recall later what they could or couldn't do or spend time making notes while the kids are transitioning to their next station.

I'm still trying to learn what works and what doesn't work when it comes to apps and technolgy.  The kids are even faster and smarter than I am when it comes to using them, but that's ok! You can teach this "old dog" (21 years in the classroom) some new tricks, and she'll use them or at least try to! :)

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check out Nearpod. I have a growing list of great apps to explore. Without my student experts (and Mrs. Koder across the hall), this old dog would be lost. I love how our campus is learning so much together! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete