Wednesday, September 16, 2015

#whydoihavetobeafterKoder

In all seriousness, I have loved reading everyone's post and I am glad we are all in this together. I love having the Ipads because they are very user friendly and most of the time very dependable. I love trying new types of technology in the classroom. To be honest I have lots of failures and flops on the way to success. Each experience teaches me something new, then I typically have to go back and tweak. Anyways, enough about that and onto what's cool that we are using.


We started out using 30Hands and it is a very cool app but I was frustrated with it because I  could not find a way to share the products that they made with the free version. I am now using ShowMe for students to create products. ShowMe would also be an awesome App to use for a flipped classroom.


Go to this link to check it out
http://www.showme.com/


Download ShowMe on the App store. I created one account and signed all of my Ipads into it. After kids created the presentations they can save it to our ShowMe account or they can share it to our Facebook page or Twitter page.


My other favorite App I am using is Nearpod. With Nearpod you can create a presentation and the kids will follow along with you on the Ipad. You can ask them questions during the presentation. You can take a poll, ask for a short answer, multiple choice answer or have them draw an answer. At the end of the presentation it will send you the data of how the students performed on the questions. I have done this whole group but I am loving it in Small Groups. I run the presentation on my laptop and let the kids at my small group each have an Ipad to follow along with. You can create your own Nearpods and you also can turn previous PowerPoints into Nearpod presentations and add an interactive component to your old Powerpoints. I know that is a lot of words but just trust me that this is one you definitely want to get in there and play with.


Go to this link to check it out
http://www.nearpod.com/

Okay so that's the fancy stuff here is what we are using on a daily basis
Xtramath
SumDog
ThinkThroughMath
Stemscopes
Epic

For anything that does not have an App I just add the websites to the Home screen and the kids can just click on it and go.

Please forgive me for not having any interesting pictures. I wrestled with my computer for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to add them to this and I finally gave up. Hopefully, this post will help you not be scared to try this #firsttimeblogging
Good Luck in your technology adventures! If I can ever help, don't hesitate to ask me:)

Katie

3 comments:

  1. Great apps! I admit I am scared of the IPADs a bit but learning. These apps seem user friendly. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Nearpod! I can't wait to give it a try! Great blog post with lots of great information! :) Way to go, Hathaway!!! (P.S.- funny hashtag/title!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing a lot about Nearpod. I need to dig in and find out more!

    ReplyDelete