Thursday, September 3, 2015

Kelley's Kids in 203

What an incredible start to a new school year!! We have been having such a wonderful time in room 203. Kelley's Bulldogs have been using Kahoot in our classroom and it has been a huge success. I love that you can go to Kahoot and find quizzes already made up for you. I will try to figure out how to create my own at some point. Instagram and our classroom Facebook page have been a big hit as well. One thing I tried with my class that needs some tweaking was musical writing. The kids started writing in their journal and then when music started they got up and walked the room. When music stopped they had to sit in another friends seat and pick up where they left off. It was interesting and look forward to trying it again with a general topic for everyone to be writing about when we start. I am looking forward to an amazing year with some wonderful kids. I will keep you posted on our successes and thing we need to work on throughout the year.

3 comments:

  1. These are some great successes! I am glad that you are willing to try the musical writing again with a little tweak. I did not know that Kahoot had quizzes prepared for use! They love this game and I am sure it will continue to be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to use Kahoot with my kiddos. Kahoot is great for all levels. My own older kids use it at the Junior High and High School levels too! I am sure your kids love for you to post things to FB just like mine do. The writing activity sounds like a fun way to experience writing!! I look forward to seeing what the Bulldogs in 203 accomplish this year! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suggestion for the writing, maybe they could rotate around their table group like musical chairs instead of moving around the room. Then it could be a table groups' composition.
    I didn't know Kahoot It had premade tests! Good to know info!!

    ReplyDelete