Sunday, September 20, 2015

#kahootrocks

#kahootrocks


Hey there fellow iPad pilot people!  The first app that came to mind when I realized it was my week to blog was the kahoot app.  It was so much fun when we played it as a staff before school started and, now, my class is having so much fun practicing their skills, reviewing, and investigating new learning with the kahoot games!  We have played Math kahoots, Social Studies, and there was even a kahoot about rules/good choices!  I love that you can make your own or use one of the hundreds that have already been created!  The students get SO excited when we play and are so engaged and motivated, it's completely AWESOME!  I have to shut my door to make sure we are not disturbing the other classes!  They love inventing their team names each time we play as well.  If you haven't used this app in your class yet, you should give it a try.  The only problem I've come across is that the game will freeze up from time to time and we have to start over, but other than that it's been a breeze!


#Epicisepic


Another of our big app successes has been the Epic app.  It gives you instant access to hundreds of children's books!  In second grade, we have been reading fairy tales, fables, and tall tales and there have been books on Epic for each of these genres! It's easy to set up a teacher account, search the book you need, and then it gives you the age range for the book and about how long it will take for the student to read it!  Students can rate the book on a 5 star system and mark it as one of their favorites! I have used it for daily 5/literacy station activities and we have used it for group reading during our reading mini-lessons.  I am really excited for all the possibilities in using this app for teaching literacy!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to use Kahoot for the first time today. I know it is a big hit in Junior High. They use all the time for review during lunch. :) The other app sounds great. I will have to check it out. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete