Sunday, April 17, 2016


EEEEEEKKKKKK!  That was my initial thought of iPads at the beginning of the year.  How was I going to use these little gems in my class?  The URLearning class has given me lots of ideas for engaging apps.  THANK YOU to all of the presenters who have shared their ideas.  I have also discovered apps by using my Twitter network.  I have always been on Twitter, but I realized I wasn’t following the right people.  Once I connected to fellow teachers who focused on technology, it really started to help.  Katie Hathaway and Alecia Perdomo are two people you NEED to follow.  A lot of who I follow now is thanks to these two awesome techies. 

 

My third grade readers have used:

- Toontastic to act out the life of famous scientist, Louis Pasteur.  

-MakeBeliefs Comix to create comic strips where the reader could infer the characters feelings.  

-Skitch to add details to photographs about their biographies

-Popplet to create Frayer maps for vocabulary words

-Chatterpix to record students summarizing their own writing

-Dictionary app to look up definitions of multiple meaning words

-Adobe Voice (MY NEW FAV) to tell the story about the sinking of the Lusitania during World War 1

-Seesaw, of course, so they put all of these creations into one place that is easy for me to check for understanding

 

I am so thankful we have been given this opportunity to integrate iPads in the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment