Monday, February 15, 2016

Baby Steps

"Every teacher expects her technology-filled lesson to mess up. A great teacher has a plan when it does." This quote was recently on my daily calendar. I found it fitting.
I-Pads are new to me. I would love to say I have flawlessly implemented them in my class, but I have had some hiccups. URLearning and this blog have been the key that has allowed me to unlock the door to the potential I-Pads can bring to my classroom. We have used several apps such as Poplet and Show Me. They love to do Show Me! I have also created a Symbaloo. The students use it at station time and at home. It has allowed me to have a place for my students to find videos I have selected for reteaching as well as links to games all in one location.
Though I have not used the I-Pads as much as some others, I am growing more and more each week. I would encourage others who have been overwhelmed by our new technology to take baby steps. You are not alone. I am excited to keep growing and learning on step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment