Thursday, January 7, 2016


Happy New Year!!

This has been an awesome privilege of having the opportunity to have several iPads in our classroom. 

My mind started to flood with ideas and how I could use them.  These are a couple of apps that we have used consistently in my classroom.

 

Popplet:

I have found this app simple to use and very engaging for my students.   The possibilities are endless:

1.      Vocabulary

2.    Analyzing Characters

3.   Text Features

4.   Structure of a story

5.    Cause and Effect

6.   Summary

7.    Author’s Purpose

8.   Main Idea

9.    Compare and Contrast

10.                       Theme and supporting Details
 
 
 
 
 
The camera can leads to SO many awesome learning experiences. There are a ton of really cool apps out there that can make impressive videos, like VideoliciousVivaVideoiMovie, and Telestory, or just a the regular video camera. 
  • conduct interviews
  • retell a story
  • explain their thinking
  • teach a concept
  • video each other reading a passage and watch it to assess their fluency and accuracy
  • Summarize a story
 
Other Apps used in the Classroom on a regular basis:
·        Word Web Dictionary
·        Spelling City
·        AR Reader
·        QR Codes
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love to use POPPLET!! I was wondering how you grade them. I am looking for a more effective way to do that. It is good to see my old kinder kiddos doing great things. Thank you for including the picture!

    ReplyDelete